Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Homecoming

It's been two days since my discharge.

The most significant event has been the receipt of my cancer survivor pin. I know that it is early yet, as I have not even had my first post-discharge blood tests and checkup, but I am betting the entire ante and drawing to the inside straight. Myeloma survivors have a magenta color, and I must admit that I like the look of my pin. The important thing is not to stick myself as I still don't have full blood clotting. :<)

The days are taken up with calling friends and family and having them walk with me up and down my street. I also enjoy sitting on the porch as the weather is nice yet.

I guess I don't have too much to say at this point. Recovery is different from treatment. In any medical situation, recovery always means waiting for the doctor to tell you how you are doing. That's where I am at.

It may be time to focus on something else.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Larry.
    I'll bet the farm that you will pass your tests and check-up with flying colors! The power of positive thinking is coming your way!
    Love,MAK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with MAK! And the fact that you are walking up and down the street, less than a month after some intense treatment, is pretty awesome

    jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doing awesome Larry. Baby steps!

    ReplyDelete