Search This Blog

Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Day Without Side Effects

I never thought it would be feel so good to do chores around the house. (Actually that's not true, as anyone who has recovered from a 48-hour flu knows.)

But I have not had the flu in awhile, and yet today, I vacuumed the floor, cleaned the bathroom and kitchen and did some laundry. What amazes me is that I could not or would not do these chores in the previous few days. I had the time. I simply did not have the energy. I had the inclination, but not the will.

Go figure that paradox out.

Chronologically, I completed the apheresis last Tuesday (5 days ago) and am waiting for a bed slot at the transfusion unit. Found out that neupogen is in my future when they inject the melphalan and take my immune system to zero. If one does not know, the neupogen stimulates stem cell production.

Speaking of chores earlier, I've still got to iron clothes (maybe tonight during TV) and I've got to clean the microwave and refrigerator. Such mundane concerns!

No comments:

Post a Comment